Environmental Funds Working Group
The focus of this group established in 2007 is the development of Environmental Funds as a mechanism for conservation finance. The mission of the CFA's Environmental Funds Working Group is to encourage promotion, knowledge transfer and exchange about environmental funds among relevant funds, donors and NGOs. The purpose of these environmental funds, and thus the WG’s aim as well, is the protection of global biodiversity.
Specific areas of interest include:
· Governance issues and best practices
· Asset management, including endowment funds
· Analysis and promotion of various revolving revenue opportunities
· Innovative financing for Environmental Funds
· Operational practices
· Monitoring and evaluation
Specifically, the activities of the Environmental Funds Working Group include:
· Analysis and communication of best practices in designing and managing environmental funds
· Development and maintenance of tools to help create new environmental funds and to improve the management of existing environmental funds
· Raise awareness and disseminate updated information on environmental funds
· Management and enhancement of the Environmental Funds Toolkit (online).
47 Members from 22 Countries
CFA is in the process of confirming a chair for the Environmental Funds Finance Working Group.
Interested in Joining the CFA Environmental Funds Working Group?
First, make sure you are registered as a CFA member.
Then, use the form below to contact the chair with your name and a short message about your interest in CFA Environmental Funds.